Friday, February 17, 2006

Shawl Knitting Biathlon - COMPLETE!


Someone pass me the gold medal!! My Biathlon of Shawl Knitting is complete!! Two shawls in 7 days...that's got to be a world's record! Here's the shawl before blocking and after blocking. I used DK weight yarn and a size 10 needle, which I've used before. I like the open lacey look, but next time, I might step down the needle size just a bit.
One more thing....like all my other shawls, these will be given to the local cancer centre to warm and comfort someone undergoing cancer treatment.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Thanks, Brooke! And thanks for the reminder that I need to start working on some more lap blankets...can't forget about the men who need comfort and warmth!

Opal said...

I'm just in awe of your Olympic knitting skills! Gorgeous work too. You inspire me :-)