Sunday, February 19, 2006

Knitting Olympics - Going for the Triathlon!


OK...colour me crazy! I've decided to start another shawl for the Knitting Olympics and go for the Triathlon! I started the Cathedral Window shawl from St. Seraphina Knits. I'm using Jaeger Matchmaker Merino Aran in Indigo. The photo shows just the first repeat of "windows", so there's lots more knitting to do. I'm using a size US8/5.00mm needle. Although this yarn is supposed to be Aran weight, the suggested needle size is a US7/4.50mm, which is more like worsted weight. Doesn't matter for this shawl, however, it's knitting up very nicely!

Will it be done by the closing ceremony in a week's time?? I have no idea!

4 comments:

Marji said...

Mari, I am so in awe. Your shawls/throws are beautiful and the chemo treatment center they go to must certainly be enhanced by their presence. I spend every Friday AM sitting with my friend at a local chemo center while she gets her treatment, and the blankets that are up there, while I'm certain they were made with love, look like rejects from the 70's. YOu are an inspiration.

Mari said...

Thanks, Marji! That's my goal, really, to give the patients something they'd be happy to use. The shawls and blankets are given to the patients to keep. It's wonderful to walk through and see someone wrapped in a shawl or blanket that I made and know it's making a difference in someone's life.

carlita dee said...

"I had considered doing the Triathlon of Shawl Knitting and then realised just how silly that was!"

Who said that? :)

Mari said...

MEEEEE!!!! I said that!!! I have no idea if I'll complete the 3rd shawl; it's half way done, but with work and everything else...who knows! If I don't make it, I still did the biathlon...big time!