Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Leaf Lace Shawl WIP


I started the Fiber Trend's Leaf Lace shawl using Jo Sharp DK wool in Porcelein. I'm not overly fond of the colour, but it's a nice neutral. I had hoped it was a lighter colour than it is, but it's still very nice and is working up beautifully. I started on Saturday, August 14 and hope to have this done by Labor Day, which shouldn't be a problem. But, like the Flower Basket shawl, once you get a few hundred stitches on the needles, it drags along forever! I'm half way through the 4th ball of yarn (out of 10), so I'm about half way complete. I'm using a size 10 Addi turbo 32" circular needle, as the pattern suggests. Because I found the Flower Basket shawl to be far too loose using DK yarn and a size 10 needle, I started this on a size 8 needle, but that was too tight. It's working up nicely on the size 10 needles.

The pattern is very simple to follow and quite shockingly, I'm only using the chart, not the written pattern, so I'm now a convert to charts!

No comments: