Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Gary's socks - done!
Gary's orange socks are finally done! I had a few glitches...not with the pattern, which was simple, but with running out of yarn! When I got to the foot, it was apparent that a single 50g skein was not going to be enough. I found the same colour at Herrschner's, on sale, and ordered 2 more balls. I had hoped that the dye lots would work, but miracle of miracles, it was the same dye lot that I got from elann.com months earlier! It took an additional 4 grams from the second skein to finish the sock. Gary wears a size 10.5 US shoe, so they are pretty average for a man. It knit up exactly on gauge, which is 7 sts/1 inch in stockinette on a size 3 Addi turbo circular needle using Magic Loop.
Now I have 2 slightly smaller balls of orange sock yarn which will make a nice pair of socks for me. I doubt I'll use the same pattern, but I will eventually make these up for myself!
Posted by Mari at 7:11 AM