Saturday, December 10, 2005

More shawls completed...



In my never-ending series of shawls for the local cancer centre, I completed 2 more shawls during the last 2 weeks. The photo with the scalloped border is the Leaf Lace Shawl from Fiber Trends; I think I have this pattern memorised! I used Cleckheaton DK superwash wool in a colour called Pale Iris; it's a purple-ish pink colour...very pretty, very soft! I used 10 full 50-gram skeins knitted on a size 7 32" Addi Turbo circular needle.

The other is the Cozy shawl from knitty.com. This was made using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in a dusty rose colour. I used 10 full skeins and a size 8 32" Addi Turbo circular needle.

3 comments:

whatever said...

Oh, Leaf Lace is BEAUTIFUL!! I so, so wish we had been able to find it while on vacation & our LYS doesn't have it...I'm just debating about paying more for shipping than the pattern..I may just have to, bc it is my very, very fave...your's, as always...STUNNING!!!

whatever said...

Of course, your Cozy is stunning, too! I'm contemplating going out on a limb & using the southwest trading company Phoenix yarn (worsted wt tape yarn) for my Cozy..but I only have 5 balls (875 yds) and don't want to run out..I could never again match the color lot! But, it keeps calling to me to go for it...your thoughts?!

Mari said...

Becka, that's the beauty of the Cozy shawl...it can be "done" when you run out of yarn!! Just hold enough back to do 3 rows in garter stitch and you'll be all set!