Friday, March 10, 2006

Lacy Prairie shawl - complete!



This is the Lacy Prairie shawl from Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle. This is a quick shawl to knit up and looks good on both sides. The yarn is Jaeger Matchmaker Merino Aran in ivy green. This is wonderful yarn...I'm sorry it's been discontinued in Aran weight. I used a size 8 32" Addi Turbo circular needle and 10 balls of yarn, about 1100 yards. It took about 7 days to complete.

Like all the others, this will be given to the local cancer centre where it will be given to a patient to warm and comfort them.

The next shawl is on the needles already. It's another Victoria Lace shawl from St. Seraphina Knits. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Birdsong said...

A fellow shawl-lover forwarded your link; I just got the book, and this is a flattering rendition of a pattern I otherwise would have passed over. What a great vocation, knitting shawls for charity! Blessings to you

Mari said...

Thanks, Joy and Birdsong! It's a very nice pattern and I agree the photo in the book doesn't do it justice. It's nice that it's reversible and looks great no matter how it's worn!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful shawls. Not that I've seen these I will go out and get some sport or DK weight yarn and get going. I look forward to seeing your ongoing work.

Alliesw said...

The shawl IS beatiful--and what a wonderful and giving work it is. I'll be back to see more of your good work (and good works!)