Monday, July 04, 2005
Completed Flower Basket shawl
It's really done! It's been blocked and trimmed and is beautiful! The yarn is Heirloom (Australia) Easy Care 100% wool. It's DK weight and this took 10 50g balls using a size 8 needles. I started this on June 18 and it came off the needles on July 2. It's going to the local hospital's cancer centre where it will warm and comfort someone undergoing cancer treatment.
This pattern called for size 10 needles when using DK weight yarn. I thought that looked way too loose and I decided to use size 8 needles. I think the look is perfect! I followed the size guidelines for the large shawl on size 8 needles and ended up with 80 inches across the top (shoulders) and 38 inches down the center back. I did a total of 15 repeats; had this been 1 repeat shorter, I would have just 9 balls of yarn (50 grams, 98 metres each).
On to the next project!!
Posted by Mari at 8:53 AM