Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Angel Lace Shawl - complete!



This is the beautiful Angel Lace shawl, designed by Evelyn A. Clark for Fiber Trends. This is by far the easiest of Evelyn's shawls I've ever made (either that or I'm getting better at knitting!). The pattern is easy to remember and for those who are new to lace knitting, it has one row of just knitting (no increases or decreases, except of the YOs at the edges and center spine). I never use a "lifeline", but this one has one built in! The yarn is Filatura di Crosa 501, DK weight 100% superwash wool. I used 9 full balls to complete this shawl and a size 8 needle. It measures 78 inches across the top and 38 inches down the center...very generous! I've got enough yarn to make another and I'll be starting that one shortly. This shawl to 5 days to make.

Like my other shawls, this will be donated to the local cancer centre and will be given to a patient.

8 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Beautiful! I love Evelyn Clark's shawl patterns, but I don't have this one... yet!

Anonymous said...

I love it - this has been in my queue to knit for a while now once I saw that pattern. Absolutely lovely.

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing knitter - so productive, and such beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

Mari, so glad to see this shawl - I bought the pattern recently and think I may need to move it to the top of the list. Enjoy seeing your work always, particularly because I prefer to work with dk weight rather than lace weight.

Anonymous said...

You knit so well !

Kris said...

So beautiful!!! You did a great job.

Missy said...

I see that you have done a beautiful job with this shawl. I started it myself, but it proved too much for my skill level.
I wonder if there is a way to insert markers in this one, to mark where the pattern repeats begin, and also to help with counting stitches.
While I was knitting this scarf, I found myself having taking rows out and reknitting again and again, having missed a stitch or just not finding that the number o stitches matched the pattern.
Any ideas?

missy said...

And as I re-read my comment, I see that my grammar and spelling are something like my knitting! Full of mistakes.