Sunday, January 22, 2006

Flower Basket shawl complete!



Here's my third Flower Basket shawl, designed by Evelyn Clark for Fiber Trends. This was done in Dale of Norway Falk sport weight 100% superwash wool. The colour is light peach, even though the close-up photo is quite washed out...still trying to get the hang of the new digital camera! I used 9 skeins of yarn (each 116 yards) and a size 7 32" Addi Turbo circular needle. I thought that a size 8 would have been better, but when I blocked the shawl, it was just right. The finished size was 76" by 36". This shawl took 7 days to complete.

On to the next!

1 comment:

Mari said...

Becka, I'm not sure about using cotton for one of these shawls. It has to be blocked pretty severely and I'm not sure how cotton would hold that kind of blocking. I can remember my Mum having to starch cotton lace doilies in order for them to hold their shape, so I'm not sure that cotton would be a good choice. I'm going to make a rectangular shawl (the Cocoon Lace shawl, also from Fiber Trends) for my neice to wear on her wedding day and will be using cotton; I guess I better swatch that to make sure it works!